<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Father and Son 

Back in the late sixties, I was drafted and sent to Vietnam. Late last year, my son was sent to Iraq. I think I can better understand some of the apprehension and anxiety my parents must have felt. I was married when sent to Vietnam, and he was married when the Army sent him to war. So, I know a little of what he may be feeling as well.

As a married soldier in a foreign land, I can imagine how much he misses his wife and family. He’s lonely, homesick and heartsick. He feels alienated and alone, even though there’s thousands around him in the same situation. That feeling is going to stay with him until he’s finally sent home. With patience, determination, intelligence, a lot of luck, and the grace of God, he will come home alive and well. When he does, all his family and friends will be extremely relieved and grateful. I know his Dad will be.

He’s incredibly patriotic and dedicated to his country. I sincerely hope this administration comes to its senses, and stops wasting young lives with such devotion so foolishly.


Ps… This blog post has been edited. In hopes that Blackhawk helicopters won’t circle my home, while dozens of black SUV’s, filled with secret service agents swarm my house.


|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?